Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crafty/Artsy/Creative feeling

I've been feeling extra creative lately and have taken a renewed interest in old hobbys and new. I love being creative and doing interesting things but I mostly don't have time. I once upon a time used to know how to crochet many years ago but forgot how until recently i bought a kids book that gave me pictures and basics to reteach myself how. So I made a blanket for my daughters lil dollys' tonight. It took me about an hour to do the whole thing from start to end and was prob only about 4inches square, but it was a nice starting piece to remember with. I'm sure it will be a pleasent surprise for my daughter in the morning as well.

I've been doing other creative things too besides that. I've taken to trying to complete the plastic canvas barbie furniture that i started way back when for my daughter, and when i'm not doing that i'm making siggies for others on the computer. Something is very satisfying about making things and I certainly do miss it. I remember the zone that I used to get when I used to draw/paint and I miss that too. I can't wait till I have more time to take those back up. For now I'll stick to thinks that are a bit easier to put down and stop for a couple hours if need be. Young ones do take up lots of time after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment